With the sea mere paces from your door, you’re unlikely to find somewhere so close to the Atlantic as you will here. Split into two light and summery apartments, this whitewashed old fisherman’s house is ideal for families looking for a beach holiday away from the crowds. Owner Jorge’s brother lives nearby and is on hand to meet, greet and give advice. Lovely sitting rooms have big windows and sea views, and all the bedrooms – mostly up, two down in el Charcón – are simple and spacious with comfy beds, and those fantastic views in the master bedrooms. Shared shower rooms are functional and spotless. The beach is just a step away through the French windows, but it’s such a quiet part of town that very few people pass by, so prepare a picnic in your American style kitchen, doze in the sunshine and bathe in the shallow water. If you’re after something more active, hike to extinct volcanoes, take out the bikes or hit the water for some kitesurfing. After all that excitement, come back to dine on the terrace or head to one of the best restaurants on the island – it’s only a short stroll away.
- Children welcome
Kids of all ages can stay.
- English spoken
Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
Wireless internet access available.
- Car hire recommended.
- Public transport
Within 200m of a bus station.
- Bank transfer preferred.
- Microwave oven
- Mobile reception
- Television with smart TV
- Washing machine
- Restaurant nearby
- Shop within 200m
LOCAL POINTS OF INTEREST
- Located in the fishing village of Caleta de Famara, the house is next to the Famara Beach, a 3 km long stretch of sand and sand dunes ending in the impressive El Risco cliffs. From the house terraces you will have non disturbed views of 3 nearby islands.
- No need for a pool. Right next to the property there is a big natural pool, ( please see pictures ) cleaned twice a day by the swells, thus making it and ideal and safe spot for children and adults to swim in.
- La Caleta, its main street without asphalt, has a number of active surf shops which offer surf lessons both for children and adults. The property is within walking distance from shops and several sea front restaurants offering delicious local fishes.
- The house comprises two apartments than can become a single unit by simply opening connecting doors, thus allowing big families or groups to vacate together with a degree of independence.
- Famara Beach is a perfect playground for bathers, joggers, surfers, kitesurfers, all year round. It is also a a great place for fishermen ( mostly spinning ).
- La Caleta is 12.8 km away from Teguise village, the old island capital, one of best preserved samples of canarian architecture,which holds its famous and lively Sunday Market.
We prefer to personalize all responses to enquiries. Experience has shown that this works so much better for both parties. You will get a very rapid response to your e mail enquiry from por nuestra parte. We can at the same time advise you on your choice of potential villa. As always our service is very ‘tailor-made’. You do not commit by enquiring, just get helpful advice.